April - September: SA and SO 12-18h
October - March: SA and SO 11am - 4pm
With guided tour by appointment.
Winter break from 1 December to 31 January
8 € regular
5 € reduced
2 € children from 12 y. / school classes p. p. - Traunreuter classes free
12 € Families (2 adults with children under 18 years)
Guided tour 110 € (max 25 persons)
No card payment possible.
Directions by car
Via motorway A8 exit 109 – Grabenstätt in the direction of Traunreut, follow the signs towards Traunreut, after the village entrance Traunreut roundabout towards the city centre (second exit), turn right at the first traffic light into Fridtjof-Nansen-Straße.
Unless otherwise signposted, on Fridtjof-Nansen-Straße, the teacher parking lot of the neighbouring secondary school on Martin-Luther-Straße or on the cemetery parking lot (5 minutes on foot).
Parking for handicapped persons and visitors with dogs in the car possible after registration on the premises.
Arrival by Train
Hourly train connections from Munich or Salzburg to Traunstein. From there by train or bus to Traunreut. It takes about 10 minutes to walk from the station to the museum: Keep left at the platform, turn right into Kantstraße, continue straight ahead across the town square, at the end turn left at the traffic lights into Fridtjof-Nansen-Straße, after 200 m turn right.
In order to ensure the protection of the valuable exhibits, we ask, also for insurance reasons, to observe the following rules:
- Backpacks, larger pockets and umbrellas must be handed over to the wardrobe.
- Smoking is prohibited throughout the building and in the entrance area.
- Food and drinks may not be consumed in the building.
- Photography and filming are not permitted in the exhibition rooms.
- Please turn off your mobile phones.
- The exhibition objects must not be touched and a minimum distance of one metre must be kept for the work of art.
- Teachers and parents are requested to comply with their supervisory duties throughout their stay in the home.
- Only paper and pencil can be used in the exhibition rooms.
The Museum team wishes you a stimulating visit!